The earthenware pottery of Friedrich Herrmann was the longest single-owner operated pottery in Wisconsin (38 years). A close second was Conrad Langenberg’s in Franklin which ran for 37 years. He and his brothers Samuel and Christian built a pot shop on Johnson Street (now Highland Street) east of the river and then moved it west to Third Street in about 1857. He made pottery continuously from his arrival in Milwaukee in 1847 until his death in 1885. His son Albert ran the pottery for another 32 years until 1917.
Read the article: Friedrich Herrmann Pottery